Friday, January 9, 2009

Wall Climbing

"Shah, do you want to go for wall climbing this afternoon?"

"Yeah, Count me in"

This afternoon, my friend asked me if I want to go wall climbing, without any hesitation, I agreed promptly. After all, I've never had the chance to climb any wall in my entire life :)

The wall is located near a small hospital in my university. Upon reaching the spot, I could see a few people already gathering there, waiting for their turn to climb this obstacle.

While waiting for my turn, I observed how they arranged their footing when climbing the wall. Much to my surprise, I found that there was a loosen footing holder. This loosen spot could be quite a challenge to every climber. I tried to imagine how I could overcome this huge obstacle.

hmm... My left hand grab this green holder, then my left foot step on the blue holder. Later, my right hand grab another blue holder up there... All kind of combination popped up in my mind. However, I still couldn't find any solution for that loosen foot holder. Think... Think harder, I told myself.

While I was in the middle of dreaming on how to arrange my footsteps, suddenly I heard someone called my name.

"Shah, it's your turn"

I was brought back to reality. I looked around and saw my friend smiling in front of me.

"OK, I'm... I'm ready."

I stepped forward, tied the safety rope to a hook on my body kit. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, yes, slowly. Then I looked up at the tip of the wall. It's so tall. Should be around 3 story high.

started climbing

Again, slowly, I arranged my footsteps on the foot holders. OK, I'm ready, I told myself again. I look up again, to find my hand holders this time. I reached out my right hand, searching for the right hand holder. I grabbed the holder firmly, looked up again. Ah, still quite far away from the goal. After taking in a deep breathe, I climb up slowly again. This is a repetitious but exciting job.

finding appropriate holder

When I reached midway, I had a trouble. I need to climb pass the loosen holder. Think fast, I told myself. I looked up again. This time, the tip seems to be even further away. Gosh, I knew that I've reached my limit. I'd used up too much energy, should have taken a rest before climbing this wall. Upon making up my mind, I let go of my grip, the guy down there quickly control the rope to ensure a save landing.

letting go of the grip

landed safely

It's quite disappointing that I can't finish climbing this wall this time, but this is quite an interesting experience for me. It's my first time after all :)

**********************************************************

亲爱的读者,我会尽快加上华文版。

4 comments:

  1. I wanna try it too, but I scare I dont have enough energy on wrist there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I climbed half way and only then realised that I don't have enough energy to climb till the top. So I let go half way. T_________T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it before..^0^..

    at the same place during my B.I.G...

    pretty fun but that time, my fingers was injured...

    so, I only managed to climb until the 3rd stage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the term Rick Climbing better instead of Wall Climbing.

    Anyway, you did good!

    Say Long

    ReplyDelete

谢谢你的留言 :)
thanks a lot for your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...