吃晚餐时,我遇上了一位外国学生,他的脸是蛮熟悉的,我想不是从华文班那儿认识的就是从faculty那儿碰到的。大有可能是前者吧,我想。握了个手,我便坐下与他聊天。我点的饭菜来后,我边吃边谈。他是位很善谈的人,与他交谈是件很愉快的事情。偶尔忘了自己还在吃饭。呵呵。谈了大学里的生活,原来他目前在修读博士的最后一个学期,他的presentation原定于这三月,但过后被延迟至四月中。他也说大马的食物与他的国家完全不同。米饭是大马的主要食物,三餐都可有饭。但在他的国家,饭并不是那么普遍。都是不同的风俗习惯吧,难免饮食都不同。
吃饱后,各自分道扬镳。我朝向我的双轮怪兽,右手伸进右口袋寻找启动双轮怪兽的钥匙。奇怪,怎么会有一张纸在内,不会是刚才我准备付我的饮料的钱吧。右手握着那张纸,伸了出来,果然是一令吉钞票。不会吧。难道我刚才忘了付钱?我三步并两步跑向饮料档。
坐在收银机那儿的叔叔被我问得一头雾水。他也忘了我是否已经还钱了。我坚持自己还没还,要不然那一令吉钞票怎么还在右口袋里呢?还了钱后,我便离开了。唉,人老了吗?变得如此健忘。难道我的白发多加了几根了?不要,我不想承认自己已逐渐年长了,不如说自己越来越成熟吧。呵呵。成熟但健忘?哈哈。都行,随你说。
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After ordering my food, while walking towards the drink stall, I put a one-ringgit note in my right trousers' pocket. As usual, I ordered teh tarik. Well, frankly, even before I opened my mouth, the shopkeeper asked if I would like the usual teh tarik kurang manis, i.e. the less-sweet version of teh tarik. Seemed like they have grasped my habit of ordering this drink each time I eat there. Perhaps the word 'teh tarik' has been printed on my face, and it's the not-so-sweet type to be precise. For the sake of a healthier life, I don't take in as much sugar in daily life, been trying my best to avoid drinking sweet drinks, I don't add any sugar while making my drink in my room. Also, I avoid drinking cold drinks too. Upon hearing the word 'teh tarik', I smiled and nodded. Upon my drink done, I grabbed it and walked away to find a seat.
While having my dinner, I met a foreign student, his face was quite familiar. It's either that I met him from Mandarin Class or from my faculty. I guess it's the former. After a handshake of greeting, we both sat down and had a nice chat. When my food arrived, I continued chatting while eating. He's a nice person to talk to. Sometimes I even forgot to eat my food there. While chatting about the life in university, found out that he's still studying his doctorate and in his final semester to be precise. His presentation for final year project was supposed to be sometime in March, but was postponed to the mid April by the faculty. When touching about food in Malaysia, he highlighted that the food here is totally different from the one in his home country. Malaysian meal gears more towards rice, but not there.
After done with dinner, we both exchanged our phone number and parted. I walked towards my motorbike while my right hand dipped into my right pocket to search for the key to tame the 2 tires monster. I couldn't help but surprised when my hand felt a piece of paper in my pocket. Gosh, don't tell me that it was the one ringgit note that I put into my pocket to pay for my drink earlier. I quickly ran back the drink stall.
The shopkeeper was quite confused upon being asked if I've paid my drink. He couldn't remember too. Since I'm quite sure that I haven't paid mine as the one ringgit note was still in my pocket, I gave him the one ringgit note. Am I getting old? I've become so forgetful. Geez, I don't want to admit it. Never will I admit it. At least for now. :P
不要做个大头虾就可以了! :P
ReplyDelete嗯咯。哈哈。开始变得健忘了。
ReplyDelete是我的话,应该会连忘了给钱都不知道…… (X_X)
ReplyDelete我也是幸好当时有把钱放进口袋,想拿了茶后便立刻还钱的,怎料到当时竟然忘了。唉。
ReplyDelete